Do you need a gas safety certificate London ?

Gas Safety Certificate London

A gas safety certificate London is a legal requirement if you are a landlord in London, letting or renting out a property that has gas appliances.

The specific reference for the gas safety certificate London or elsewhere in the UK is a CP12 certificate. The legal requirement for landlords to have certificates issued every year for let or rented properties with gas appliances, is specified under the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1988.

The information a Gas Safety Certificate London contains

A completed gas safety certificate contains the following information:

  • The name of the landlord and his/her address or his/her agent’s address
  • The date that the inspection is carried out
  • The address of the property where the appliances have been inspected
  • Information about each appliance and where it is installed
  • A list of any defects or issues relating to any appliances or flues
  • Notes of any repairs that may have had to be carried out
  • A confirmatory note showing that all gas appliances within the property have been checked and that they comply with Gas Safe regulations
  • The name and Gas Safe registration number of the engineer who carried out the check
  • The date that the next check is due

In order for a CP12 Gas Safety Certificate London to be issued, the following checks must be carried out:

  • All appliances must be checked for gas tightness
  • Where there are tests points, measurements of standing and working pressures will be taken
  • The pressure of any gas burners and consumption rates will be checked against the manufacturer’s recommendations
  • The existence of appropriate ventilation must be verified
  • Flues will be checked for the absence of any combustible materials
  • The correct working of any flame failure devices will be verified
  • The integrity of the installation will be checked
  • A note will be made of any unsafe operations

Click here to take a look at a typical blank CP12 Gas Safety Certificate.

Where to get your CP12 Gas Safety Certificate London

Are you a London landlord or a London landlord’s agent? Do you need a Gas Safe registered plumber or engineer to visit a property in London for a gas inspection? Is the object to obtain a CP12 Gas Safety Certificate London? If your answer to all three questions is yes, call CW Services Plumbing and Heating on 020 7733 6812, or 07949 095 184.