Does your landlord pay for your gas servicing? By gas servicing we mean making sure that your gas piping and any gas appliances and flues are kept in good working order. If you landlord makes gas, and gas appliances available for you to use, he/she is legally responsible for having them serviced once per annum. One of the top gas servicing London based contractors is CW Services Plumbing and Heating.

Your landlord must only use a Gas Safe registered engineer/plumber

The legal requirement for landlords to have appliance, flues and gas pipes properly maintained is laid out in the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998. But your landlord can’t get any old Tom, Dick, or Harry to do this servicing. The person who actually does the work must be a Gas Safe registered engineer or plumber.

The potential dangers of domestic gas

Gas and gas appliances have the potential to be dangerous if they are not properly serviced every 12 months by a qualified engineer/plumber who is Gas Safe registered. The potential danger from gas and gas appliances falls into 3 categories.

  • The danger of inhaling leaking gas in a confined space
  • The possibility of an explosion from a gas leak
  • The potential for CO poisoning (Carbon Monoxide emissions)

The potential for any faulty gas supply or appliance to prove fatal is serious. It means that only Gas Safe registered, trained engineers/plumbers should be employed for this work.

Does your landlord pay for your gas servicing? – Yes and more besides

Not only does your landlord pay for your gas servicing, he/she must also keep records to prove that the servicing had been correctly done, using a Gas Safe registered engineer/plumber.

Records of the servicing must be kept for a minimum of two years. Not only that, but as a tenant, your landlord must provide you and any other tenants with a copy of the certification within 28 days of the work being carried out. If you are a new tenant, your landlord should provide you with a copy of any existing, current certification before you move in.

Top gas servicing London based engineers – CW Services Plumbing and Heating

So, in conclusion; does your landlord pay for your gas servicing? – Yes he/she does, and if landlord is new to the area and is looking for a reliable Gas Safe registered fitter/plumber, he/she can contact one of the top gas servicing London based companies – CW Services Plumbing and Heating. We can be contacted 24/7/365 on 020 7733 6812 or 07949 095 184.