Why Service your Boiler Once a Year?
The reason that we here at CW Plumbing and Heating Services say that you should have your boiler checked every year is to not only ensure that it is operating efficiently, but to also ensure that it is working safely.
What does an annual gas boiler service consist of?
When one of our Gas Safe registered plumbers carries out an annual boiler service at your premises, (your premises can either be your home or a commercial business premises), the following things will be checked.
- Our plumbing engineer will inspect the boiler and its controls to ensure they are operating safely and correctly.
- The annual gas boiler inspection will include checking your boiler over for any signs of corrosion and/or leaks.
- The casing of your boiler will be removed in order to be able to check that the main internal components are functioning correctly.
- Our CW Services plumbing engineer will also carry out a gas pressure check to ensure that the boiler is operating at the recommended gas pressure.
- We will carry out a flue test to make sure that no dangerous emissions are coming from your boiler.
- All boiler parts will be cleaned as necessary.
- The casing of the boiler will be replaced and correctly sealed.
- The CW Services plumbing engineer will leave you with a checklist of the work that has been carried out, and that denotes all of the relevant information about boiler safety.
Most people today use gas-fired boilers for central heating. The main reason is that they are cheaper to run than electric boilers. However, in some areas a gas supply is not available and therefore alternative solutions have to be sought in the form of either electric or LPG boilers.
With today’s modern electric boilers there are no moving parts and therefore regular annual servicing is not normally taken up by most people unless they are unduly worried about ensuring that their electric boilers are running efficiently, and therefore cost effectively.
With gas boilers however, an annual service is essential in order to avoid any risk from carbon monoxide poisoning.
Carbon monoxide poisoning
Carbon monoxide poisoning is a life threatening event and one which can kill anyone on the premises where the faulty gas appliance is, young or old, totally indiscriminately and without warning. It is known as the silent killer.
Only ever employ Gas Safe registered plumbers and engineers
Whenever you employ a plumbing or heating engineer to work on a gas appliance in your home, it is essential to check that they are fully Gas Safe registered, as are all the plumbers that work for us here at CW Services Plumbing and Heating. Our company itself is also Gas Safe registered and in addition we are CIPHE approved (Chartered Institute of Plumbing and Heating Engineering).
Booking your annual gas boiler service with CW Plumbing and Heating Services South London
When you choose CW Plumbing and Heating Services for either an annual boiler service in London, or our emergency boiler repair London facility, you will be in safe hands. As well as being fully Gas Safe registered, we provide a quality job at competitive prices.
To book your annual gas boiler service with CW Plumbing and Heating Services South London, please call 020 7733 6812, or 07949 095 184.